Saturday, January 24, 2015

Foundations of Truth

During the Lord's trial before Pilate He made what I consider to be a deeply profound and incredibly important declaration. He said, "To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Everyone that is of the truth hears My voice" (John 18:37). This appears to give us insight into the foundation of the incarnation, the gospel and the very reason God sent His Son into the world. "To bear witness of the truth," He said. In what way does truth, and the need to know the truth, lie at the heart of everything that Christ accomplished on earth? In what way did He bear witness of the truth? What did our Lord have to say about truth? Or perhaps we ought to ask the question that Pilate asked in response to the Lord's declaration, "What is truth?"
My hope is to explore these questions and any others that may come up as we seek to inspect the foundations of truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment